[GRASS-PSC] Write Access for GRASS Add-ons SVN

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:53:18 PST 2019

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 3:35 PM Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> po 21. 1. 2019 v 21:26 odesílatel Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>
> napsal:
> > I can be Brendan's mentor. I already worked with him on the code he is
> planning to submit.
>
> mentor for getting write access to Addons? I thought that there is no
> such requirement. Ma

Although the language is not 100% consistent, we require it based on what
is on wiki [1]. Here are the relevant parts of Write access to the
GRASS-Addons-SVN repository:

Rationale:

Write access to the Addons SVN repository is much less rigorous than to the
core source code repository. ... Write access does not require the full
vote of the GRASS-PSC, just the support of one mentor and adherence to our
RFC2 document... As opposed to write access to the Main SVN repository,
write access to the Addons repository is typically initiated by the new
contributor.
Overall:
GRASS developers with write access can grant SVN write access to
contributors (you may contact an active developer, see grass-dev mailing
list archive). The selected developer is a sort of "sponsor/mentor" for the
requester.
Procedure:
The request needs to be sent to the GRASS-PSC mailing list, stating that
RFC2 was read and accepted (ideally also suggest a mentor among the
developers). ...

Best,
Vaclav

[1]