[STATSGRASS] Grass link to Gstat

Agustin Lobo alobo at ija.csic.es
Tue Apr 1 04:27:13 EST 2003

I've been succesful to get a variogram from
a sites file, but not from a raster file.
I do:
GRASS:~/grass/gavarres_gis/h21/cell > gstat -i

and then:
1. Select
2. Choose identifier or enter new one []: a
(where a is just a dummy name)
3.Enter data file name [] : test
(where test is a raster file in $LOCATION/cell
4.Enter variable column number [0]:
(I let it to be 0 as I don't know what to input, this
is a raster file, not an x,y,(z),value file)
5. Hit return for Log transf. and for Average dups.

and the program quits with no comment or clue.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong,
but what? how can I actually tell gstats
that my file is a raster file and not a sites file?

Thanks,

Agus

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona SPAIN
tel 34 93409 5410
fax 34 93411 0012