[STATSGRASS] rast.put & rast.get for spgrass6

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Apr 25 05:32:32 EDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Rohan Sadler wrote:

> Dear Statgrass,
>
> Please give me a time frame for when grass6 equivalents of rast.get and
> rast.put will be posted for library spgrass6.
>
> I can't wait to put them to work on the computing cluster I use, especially now
> that grass6 supports multiple sessions.

I've just released spgrass6_0.1-2 with "Added prototype raster
functionality writing Arc ASCII grids on both sides, reading using the
rgdal package in R, and r.in.gdal in GRASS" on sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/r-spatial/

The next move(s) will be to integrate the R side into the sp package
(avoiding keeping copies of grid centre coordinates), and to try to get R
rgdal to write out rasters. The final bit will be to write from GRASS in a
GDAL-readable binary format (r.out.bin?) without the problems involved in
installing GRASS with r.out.gdal (but moving category labels isn't so
simple).

Contributions still welcome!

Roger