[STATSGRASS] Using GRASS/R interface with an xy location

Steven T.Stoddard sstoddar at life.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 8 11:40:54 EST 2005

I am using GRASS 5.7 and R 2.0 for OS X.  I have a simple xy location I
am doing some theoretical work with and would like to import maps into
R using the interface in order to do analyses.  Yet when I attempt to
do this, I get the following error:

 >G<-gmeta()
Error in gmeta() : region for current mapset is invalid
line 11: <top:        100>
run "g.region"

I traced the problem to the compiled C program that is called from the
gmeta R function (i.e. > .C("gmeta") gives me the same error). I
haven't been able to locate the source code on my volume.

If I use gmeta(interp = TRUE) there is no problem, until I want to
actually try and import data from my locations.

Any help is appreciated.

Steve

---
Steven T. Stoddard

Program in Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Biology

(217) 333-2235
302 Shelford Vivarium
606 E. Healy Ave
Champaign, IL  61820