[STATSGRASS] kriging, R and GRASS

A Horacio Samaniego horacio at unm.edu
Sun Jan 16 19:59:36 EST 2005

I haven't use GRASS for a little while and seem to have forgotten how the
tricks work...

I wonder is there is a way to do the kriging interpolation in some
efficient way. I remember that you have to actually create a grid in R to
export to GRASS later on... I also, remember that this is terribly slow
and unstable. Is this still the case?

I have gone trhough the geostat litterature in R and GRASS and are getting
comfortable with the fields package to do all my variograms. However I've
come to the stage where I need to predict ....

What is the best way to do this so that I can end up with a GRASS raster
map? I'll  appreciate any hints on how to go about this.

thank you very much!

Horacio Samaniego
Department of Biology
University of New Mexico