[STATSGRASS] kriging ...

A Horacio Samaniego horacio at unm.edu
Mon Jan 17 14:18:22 EST 2005

Thanks for all the good suggestions...

I sure will provide a summary of my experience to the list.

I also have to add that gstat has been my choice so far, however, since I
changed OS (to OSX) was never able to recompile gstat with grass support
and finally gave up on that...

the error was related to not finding some file...

It will be interesting to know if in  spite of that it is possible to
write grass raster maps through the gstat/R interface without compiling
the gstat program with grass support (perhaps this question denotes some
confusion about the different versions of the same programs.... I guess
that both are trully independents. I mean you dont need to install and
compile gstat if you installed the module in R using the
install.packages("gstat") command ;)

thank you all for this great forum!

******** GSTAT COMPILING ERROR ON OS X **************************
horacio:/usr/src/gstat-2.4.3 root# make
(cd src; make)
gcc -o gstat block.o data.o direct.o fig.o fit.o getest.o gls.o glvars.o
gstat.o lex.o lm.o map2fig.o map2gd.o mapio.o maputils.o msim.o nsearch.o
ossfim.o palet.o parse.o plot.o polygon.o pqueue.o predict.o random.o
read.o reml.o report.o sample.o select.o sem.o sem_main.o sim.o stat.o
ui.o userio.o utils.o vario.o vario_fn.o vario_io.o writecmd.o xvalid.o
-L../lib  -lmeschach  -lncurses -L
/Applications/Grass/grass54.app/Contents/Resources/grass54//lib  -lz -lm
ld: -L: directory name missing
make[1]: *** [gstat] Error 1
make: *** [src/gstat] Error 2

Horacio Samaniego