[STATSGRASS] making R and grass(6.1) play well together.

Tom Colson tom_colson at ncsu.edu
Wed Jun 29 10:07:23 EDT 2005

I managed to get R compiled and all the packages talking to grass as it
should, and all the "demos" seem to work. There is a neat tutorial on
working with DEM (grass raster) in R
http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/learning_r2.html#Working_with_elevation

Tutorial works great with the sample data provided...yet I can't figure
out how to get "current" raster dems in my mapset/location into a format
that is acceptable to R...re: the tutorial syntax. Been looking through
all the man pages, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation on
raster import that would allow one to go through that tutorial using
one's own data....

thanks.