[STATSGRASS] GSTAT 2.4.3 compile problem with GRASS 5.4

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 15 14:00:27 EST 2005

I am having GSTAT 2.4.3 compile problems with GRASS 5.4. When
configuring gstat for compilation I use:

./configure --with-grass=/awips/rep/lx/local_apps/grass-build

The GRASS 5.4 lib & include directories are located in
/awips/rep/lx/local_apps/grass-build, but I notice when gstat is being
configured for compilation, I get:

checking for G_gisinit in -lgrass_gis... no
checking for G_gisinit in -lgis... no

This is what is located in the lib & include directories:

lx7-tir:adams> cd lib;ls
libgrass_bitmap.so    libgrass_dlg.so     libgrass_gproj.so
libgrass_raster.so
libgrass_btree.so     libgrass_D.so     libgrass_ibtree.so
libgrass_rowio.so
libgrass_coorcnv.so   libgrass_g3d.so     libgrass_icon.so
libgrass_segment.so
libgrass_datetime.so  libgrass_gedit.so  libgrass_I.so
libgrass_vask.so
libgrass_dig_atts.so  libgrass_gis.so     libgrass_linkm.so
libgrass_vect_combined.so
libgrass_display.so   libgrass_gmath.so  libgrass_lock.so

lx7-tir:adams> cd ../include
lx7-tir:adams> ls
datetime.h  gisdefs.h  gis.h  P_datetime.h  P_site.h  site.h

I get repeated "undefined reference" to various functions 'G_***' during
make. Everything seems to build OK up to:

data.o: In function `read_grass_data':
/awips/rep/lx/local_apps/gstat-2.4.3/src/data.c:2202: undefined
reference to `G_projection'

I'm trying to make GRASS, R, & GSTAT available on other Linux machines
different from what I was using previously.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams