[STATSGRASS] Problem with gmeta6() in spgrass6.

Seppo.Kaitala at fimr.fi Seppo.Kaitala at fimr.fi
Tue Jun 20 03:25:16 EDT 2006

Hello,

We are having problem with importing region data from GRASS (6.1) to R
(2.3.1) with gmeta6(), which in turn makes it impossible to export the
processed data back to GRASS. Here's our region:

projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      66N
south:      53N
west:       9E
east:       31E
nsres:      0:00:30
ewres:      0:01
rows:       1560
cols:       1320

And gmeta6() gives 6 "NAs introduced by coercion" warnings, replacing
north, south, west, east, nsres and ewres with NAs. I suspect it is
because it tries to import them as numeric (but why?). However,
replacing them with numeric values by hand doesn't help much, exporting
with rast.put6() still doesn't work properly. Any hints?

Przemyslaw Bojczuk

and

Seppo Kaitala, Ph.D., Scientist
Dept. of  Biological Oceanography
Finnish Institute of Marine Research
Erik Palménin aukio 1 (P.O. Box 2)
FIN-00561 Helsinki, Finland
tel. +358-9-61394417    fax +358-9-323 2970
mobile +358-400-609-269
E-mail:Seppo.Kaitala at fimr.fi