[STATSGRASS] R/grass, numerical instability/kriging

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geo.uu.nl
Wed Oct 18 12:13:00 EDT 2006

Well, the duplicate observation cause is the most common cause; it would
be helpful if the software could find this out by itself. OTOH, checking
this for huge data sets may be pretty expensive.

Once the error occurs, it's deep deep deep in the C code, and hard to
find out from there; gstat jumps back rather crudely (using longjmp()).
--
Edzer