[STATSGRASS] problem with kriging not solved but new qestions arise

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Fri Sep 1 15:03:27 EDT 2006

Jarek Jasiewicz napisał(a):
> I try to krige some data, I do following grass wiki tutorial (that
> with gaiciture)

/cut

Jarek Jasiewicz napisał(a):
> I try to krige some data, I do following grass wiki tutorial (that
> with gaiciture)
/cut

 > And I recive the error:

 > Error in predict.gstat(g, newdata = newdata, block = block, nsim =
nsim,  :
 >  data items in gstat object and newdata have different coordinate
 > reference systems

After 20 hours of fighting with R I partially solved that problem
removing projection information (proj4) from both spatial data frames (I
set roj4string:Formal class 'CRS' [package "sp"] with 1 slots
  .. .. ..@ projargs: chr NA)

And all works well

so - projection information (EPSG 2173 - Polish, 1965 zone IV) makes
problem?
 why?
or eny projection makes problem - in fact, tutorial data has no proj4
information

mayby sombody know???
 regards
Jarek