[STATSGRASS] gstat: missing values in GRASS attribute table

Eduardo Hdo. Izcara ehizcara at agrogex.com
Tue Sep 12 06:06:38 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm using gstat from within GRASS 6.2; I’ve imported a table with many attributes in it using v.in.ascii, and a sqlite table has been created attached to the sites vector file. The problem is that the table has some missing values for some of the attributes, that gstat seems not to deal with (it is useless to set a “mv” value). After inspection of the "data.c" source file, I’ve seen that gstat don’t check for missing values at all when working with GRASS data.

Any help would be appreciated if someone could indicate me how actually GRASS deal with this kind of missing data (in the attribute tables), or how could it be managed (if possible) from within gstat.

Eduardo H. Izcara
Agronomist
09003 – Burgos, Spain
+34 947 278 872