[STATSGRASS] R-GRASS link problem

javier garcia-pintado jgarcia at ija.csic.es
Wed Aug 8 09:55:06 EDT 2007

Hi;
I've already reported this problem to the R list, but it is probable
that the source of the problem is GRASS (5.4) instead of R.
I'm using the library GRASS in R to carry out a sequence of operation in
a set of GRASS maps.
After a couple of loops I obtain the warning message:
"Too many open raster files"
and the communication between R and GRASS does not work anymore for that
moment on.

The fact is that I'm opening a sequence of maps, but the destination
name in R is always the same, so it does not seem to be an R problem but
a GRASS one.

Could you advise me about how to solve this?

Thanks and best regards,

Javier

--
Javier García-Pintado
Institute of Earth Sciences Jaume Almera (CSIC)
e-mail:jgarcia at ija.csic.es