[STATSGRASS] v.surf.krige

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Jul 23 13:54:35 EDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, lanczos at t-zones.sk wrote:

> I am trying to do some kriging job within grass using the v.surf.krige.
> It looks that there is an error, but I am not sure where is it, or I am
> doing something wrong. After finishing the variogram construction and
> starting the v.surf.krige I got a following error message:
>
> v.surf.krige model=Spherical psill=4 nugget=0.5 range=800 output=t_500_s
> outputcv=cvc_nfit outputcvf=cvc_fit
>
> Error in parse(file, n = -1, NULL, "?", srcfile, encoding) :
>    R_temp: syntax error, unexpected NUM_CONST, expecting ',' at
> 22: ,vgm(psill=4,model="Sph",range=800,nugget=))
> 23:
> Execution halted
> Done
>
> Could somebody help me?
>
> Many thanks in advance

This "add-on" is not maintained or checked by its authors against current
GRASS or R, and should only be used by people knowing shell scripting and
R very well. My guess is that $nugget is not defined, as:

line 115: nugget=$GIS_OPT_nuggetv

where I think the v is a typo. However, this is just a guess. The code is
almost impossible to read, and does not use facilities in current
spgrass6, which would have simplified setting up the prediction raster.

Please do try to do this directly in R, it will save you a lot of time and
heartache!

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no