[STATSGRASS] GRASS+R: problem with gmeta() command

Mauricio Zambrano hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:17:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using GRASS 6.2.2cvs and R 2.4.1, and I'm new in the use of R.

I installed the package GRASS within R (and all the Spatial and
Machine Learning & Statistical Learning packages) without any
problems, but when I loaded the package GRASS into R (inside
GRASS-GIS) and I put the command "gmeta()", I obtained the error
message "Bad or no region for current mapset". However I can see the
limits for my region within GRASS-GIS and when I put the command
"g.region -p" within GRASS-GIS, I obtain:

projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       -19
datum:      psad56
ellipsoid:  international
north:      6456369.99999
south:      6205510
west:       237658
east:       428666.999996
nsres:      25.00099661
ewres:      25.00117801
rows:       10034
cols:       7640
cells:      76659760

any help in how to solve this problem with "gmeta()" command will be
very valuable for me

Thanks in advance

Mauricio Zambrano B.
(University of Trento)