[STATSGRASS] GRASS+R: problem with gmeta() command

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Jul 25 09:19:01 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 02:19:59PM +0200, Roger Bivand wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Mauricio Zambrano wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot Martin.
>>
>> The problem was in the library that I had loaded, because I had loaded
>> the library GRASS with the command "library(GRASS)", as is read
>> yesterday in the web-page :
>>
>> http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/statsgrass/grass_r_interface.html#Using_GRASS_R
>>
>> but now i realized thath the right instructions are int the web page:
>>
>> http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/statsgrass/grass6_r_install.html
>
> Exactly. Perhaps we can ask the webmaster to make the latter page the main
> link, and move the current page to a less visible location?

It appears that I am this webmaster (the page states
 Written by (c) 2000-2003 Markus Neteler
). But the page
 http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/statsgrass/grass_r_interface.html#Using_GRASS_R
also clearly mentions "grass5"... And there is a link on top pointing
to the "GRASS 6" installation instructions.

I didn't have time so far to update the page to GRASS 6
(also because the R interface evolves pretty fast).

I can just remove the page if this is helpful.

> The OSGeo Journal note gives the current status.

... which is listed at:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/statsgrass/grass6_r_install.html

Another option is that the entire content is moved to
the GRASS Wiki. Then folks could just update it. I am
maintaining far too much documentation :)

Best,
Markus