[STATSGRASS] cant read raster created with r.neighbours

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jul 26 12:58:17 EDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:

> Yes, it works..
> I wonder why... I mean, who can't deal with long names? R?

Not R in principle, I think, but if you run debug(readBinGrid) first, and
repeat with the long names, you can step through and see whether the files
get created in the location temporary directory with the correct names,
pointing list.files() at the right place. It looks like a 128-byte buffer
somewhere, though GRASS filenames are GNAME_MAX (256) long, and the
offending string was only 104 characters. The temporary files get deleted
on exit.

list.files(dirname(fname))

within debug should show what is in the temporary directory.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no