[STATSGRASS] spgrass6 question...

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jul 31 09:58:42 EDT 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, G. Allegri wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to interface gvSIG with R, and I was taking a
> look to spgrass6 source to have inspiration.
> I've a question about the readVECT6 function. Looking into the
> relative R script it seems the vector layer is being exported to
> shaprfile, then is read with readOGR (Rgdal package?), but the
> shapefile created is never destroyed after this operation.
> Am I wrong?  If not, isn't it garbage to be trashed?

The files transferred are created in the location, mapset and machine
specific .tmp directory, so unless something bad happens, GRASS ought to
delete them at end of session, if I understand correctly. The scripts
could be altered to unlink directly, but sometimes leaving them around
during the session may be helpful for debugging.

Hope this helps,