[STATSGRASS] kriging - too long time

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geo.uu.nl
Sun Sep 2 07:37:21 EDT 2007

That might be "explained" as follows: 8 to 400 is a factor 25, solving a
covariance matrix is an O(N^2) operation so would slow down by a factor
25*25 = 625. The remaining factor 6 (seconds to hours: 3600/625) should
be attributable to the load of finding the nearest 400 neighbours
instead of 8 nearest neighbours. I don't know that behaviour (a
bucket-PR quadtree search index is used), but am not surprised.

Best wishes,
--
Edzer