[STATSGRASS] problem installing spgrass6 with R 2.5.1

Mauricio Zambrano hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:04:40 EDT 2007

Thanks, but I tried several times with update.packages() and the
problem still persisted.

I uninstall R and all the installed packages and I re-installed only:

-) r-base,
-) r-recommended
-) r-base-dev

Then I did update.packages() and again I tried to install SPGRASS6 with:

> install.packages("spgrass6", dependencies=TRUE)

but again it was impossible and the next screen appeared:

Aviso en install.packages("spgrass6", dependencies = TRUE) :
         argument 'lib' is missing: using
'/home/hzambran/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.5'
probando la URL 'http://cran.fhcrc.org/src/contrib/spgrass6_0.4-2.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 319712 bytes
URL abierta
downloaded 312Kb

* Installing *source* package 'spgrass6' ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error in .Internal(putenv(x)) : no internal function "putenv"
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'rgdal'
Error: package 'rgdal' could not be loaded
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'spgrass6'
** Removing '/home/hzambran/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.5/spgrass6'

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpYuI8s2/downloaded_packages
Warning message:
installation of package 'spgrass6' had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages("spgrass6", dependencies = TRUE)

Do somebody know if the problem is with the 'lib' parameter or it
could be anything else ?

Thanks

Mauricio
(running Ubuntu feisty 7.04)