[STATSGRASS] problem installing spgrass6 with R 2.5.1

Mauricio Zambrano hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:24:51 EDT 2007

Thanks anyway.Strangely, I solved the problem doing:

1) > install.packages("rgdal", dependencies=TRUE)

2) quit R (I don't know if it was necessary)

3) > install.packages("spgrass6", dependencies=TRUE)

and everything it is OK now:

Aviso en install.packages("spgrass6", dependencies = TRUE) :
         argument 'lib' is missing: using
'/home/hzambran/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.5'
probando la URL 'http://cran.fhcrc.org/src/contrib/spgrass6_0.4-2.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 319712 bytes
URL abierta
downloaded 312Kb

* Installing *source* package 'spgrass6' ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Geospatial Data Abstraction Library extensions to R successfully loaded
** help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'spgrass6'
     Formats: text html latex example
  gmeta6                            text    html    latex   example
  readRAST6                         text    html    latex   example
  readVECT6                         text    html    latex   example
  spgrass6                          text    html    latex   example
** building package indices ...
* DONE (spgrass6)

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpRS0qGw/downloaded_packages