[GRASS-stats] clustering

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Wed Mar 5 15:50:51 EST 2008

Hi

question about clustering : I try to use R to clustering for large
raster data set (40000 px at least, commonly 2 500 000) but from package
cluster only` clara `works (works fine and fast about 2 seconds on
largest data set) and no other methods (daisy first of all) work. The
message I recive is that `vector is too long` probably it means too large...

Question is simple is there any alternative for cluster package (I think
about fuzzy clasifications) for R? Generally in R are more than few
culustering packages, but before I try to test them, with such dataset I
shall rather look for another tool?

Jarek