[GRASS-stats] unexpected error with readVECT6

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Mar 10 15:21:06 EDT 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Jaros?aw Jasiewicz wrote:

> Hi
>
> I try to read vector line file with following 775 lines:
>
> v.info results:
>
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |  Layer:
> zb at trzy_mapy                                              |
> |  Mapset:
> trzy_mapy                                                 |
> |  Location:
> polska                                                    |
> |  Database:
> /home/jarekj/grassdata                                    |
> |
> Title:                                                                     |
> |  Map scale:
> 1:1                                                       |
> |  Map format:
> native                                                    |
> |  Name of creator:
> jarekj                                                    |

> |  Source date:     Mon Mar 10 16:03:03
> 2008                                  |
> | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> |    Type of Map:  vector (level:
> 2)                                          |
> |

> |    Number of points:       0               Number of areas:
> 0          |
> |    Number of lines:        775             Number of islands:
> 0          |
> |    Number of boundaries:   0               Number of faces:
> 0          |
> |    Number of centroids:    0               Number of kernels:
> 0          |
> |

> |    Map is 3D:
> 0                                                |
> |    Number of dblinks:
> 1                                                |
> |

> |          Projection: Transverse
> Mercator                                    |
> |                N:    470423.4220965    S:
> 429940.9545465                 |
> |                E:    561987.1623495    W:
> 539556.8766255                 |
> |

> |    Digitization threshold:
> 0                                                |
> |
> Comments:                                                                |
> |

> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

> Geospatial Data Abstraction Library extensions to R successfully loaded
>>  v=readVECT6("zb", type="line")

The help page gives a relevant example. The problem is the possible
existence of duplicates in the accompanying data frame. If there are known
to be no duplicates, or it does not matter, use remove.duplicates=FALSE
and then the final step assembling (lines or) polygons will not be carried
out. There is a bug too, but I think that for your case, setting the
argument will be a better resolution.

Please let me know if this helps,

Roger