[GRASS-stats] "all-directional" r.texture

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 06:56:34 EDT 2009

Hi!

Is there any way to get r.texture to ignore directions? That is,
according to the
help page, you get one result for each statistic and for each direction,
which implies
that the co-occurence matrix is calculated for each direction. I'm not
interested on
directions, so I require just one co-occurrence matrix calculated for
all directions.
Note that, while the 4 co-occurrence matrices can be added up to create the
"all directions" co-occurrence matrix, results from directional
co-occurrence  matrices
cannot be added up or averaged  (i.e.,  the "all directional" entropy is
not the average
entropy for 0,45,135,90).

I'm suspecting that modifying the code will be required, but just want
to make
sure that the "all directional" option is really lacking (may be this is
just a documentation
problem).

Thanks

Agus