[GRASS-stats] start R from GRASS

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri May 29 05:20:01 EDT 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009, Stefanie Obmann wrote:

> Dear users,
>

> Do I have to have a special order for R and GRASS folders? I got GRASS
> inside the QGIS folder, R is located on the same level as the QGIS folder.
>

> Is it right to start the GRASS shell and then just type 'start R'? I receive
> 'R not found' as WINDOWS alert message.

There are different understandings of PATH in MSYS (the GRASS shell) and
Windows. To start R, it is safest to give its absolute path, unless you
know definitely that Rgui.exe is on your PATH. You may see a Flash film
at:

http://spatial.nhh.no/wun09/wun_grass.swf

for an example of starting Windows Native GRASS with an absolute path.
Note that the R_LIBS environment variable may also need setting.

Hope this helps,

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no