[GRASS-stats] readVECT6 not working

Lukas Quehl luggen at web.de
Thu Oct 22 12:55:20 EDT 2009

Hi,
I have a problem with transferring vector maps from GRASS into R. The "readVECT6" function is not working. I always get the message "Fehler in vInfo(vname) : Vector information not found" ("Fehler"=Error). I did everything exactly as described in "Using R-GRASS Interface". It is neither working with my own data nor with the spearfish data. Other commands like "readRAST6" or "system(...)" are working, at least the ones I tried. I have no clue how to fix this or what I should do differently. Thank you for any help.
Sincerely Lukas

PS: Sorry if you already got this message, I had some problems with the spam filter of my other e-mail address and therefore sent the message twice

System: Linux OpenSuse 10.3

GRASS 6.4.0RC5 (spearfish60):~ > R

R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)
Copyright (C) 2009 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
>library(spgrass6)
Lade nötiges Paket: sp Lade nötiges Paket: rgdal
Geospatial Data Abstraction Library extensions to R successfully loaded
Loaded GDAL runtime: GDAL 1.6.1, released 2009/05/11
Path to GDAL shared files:
Loaded PROJ.4 runtime: Rel. 4.6.1, 21 August 2008
Path to PROJ.4 shared files: (autodetected)
Lade nötiges Paket: XML
GRASS GIS interface loaded with GRASS version: 6.4.0RC5
and location: nc_spm_08
>sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17) i686-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=de_DE.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=de_DE.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=de_DE.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] spgrass6_0.6-9 XML_2.6-0      rgdal_0.6-19   sp_0.9-44

[1] grid_2.9.0      lattice_0.17-22

>test<-readVECT6("elev_lid792_bepts")
Fehler in vInfo(vname) : Vector information not found

>traceback()
3: stop("Vector information not found") 2: vInfo(vname)
1: readVECT6("elev_lid792_bepts")

>execGRASS("g.list",parameters=list(type="vect"))
---------------------------------------------- vector files available in mapset <PERMANENT>:
P079214                   elev_lid792_bepts         poi_names_wake
...                       ...                       ...
#lists all available vector maps

>execGRASS("v.info",parameters=list(map="elev_lid792_bepts"))
| Layer:           elev_lid792_bepts                                         |
 | Mapset:          PERMANENT                                                 |
 | Location:        nc_spm_08                                                 |
 | Datenbank:       /home/lukas/grassdata                                     |
 | Titel:           Rural area (in tile 792), bare earth lidar point cloud (p |
 | Maßstab:       1:1                                                        |
 | Kartenformat:      native                                                  |
 | Name des Erzeugers: helena                                                 |
 | Quelldatum:     Mon Nov  6 14:11:59 2006                                   |
 |   Typ der Karte:  Vektor (Level: 2)                                        |
 |   Anzahl Punkte:       118716          Anzahl Flächen:      0             |
 |   Anzahl Linien:        0               Anzahl Inseln:    0                |
 |   Anzhal Grenzen:   0               Anzahl faces:      0                   |
 |   Anzahl Zentroid:    0               Anzahl Kerne:    0                   |
 |   Karte ist 3D:              Yes                                           |
 |   Anzahl der dblinks:      0                                               |
 |         Projektion: x,y                                                    |
 |               N:        221229.985    S:        219580.011                 |
 |               E:         639529.99    W:        637740.009                 |
 |               B:            88.514    T:           134.493                 |
 |   Digitalisierungs-Schwellwert: 0                                          |
 |   Kommentare:                                                              |