[GRASS-stats] spgrass6 and winGRASS 6.4.0 RC5

alexandre villers alexandre.villers at cebc.cnrs.fr
Thu Sep 3 12:38:03 EDT 2009

Dear members,

Roger Bivand advised me to post problems on the R / GRASS interface on this list.
I was using spgrass6 and R 2.9.2 with win GRASS 6.3.0 without much problems.
I downloaded winGRASS 6.4 and tried to run again old script and the initGRASS doesn't work.

loc<-initGRASS("C:/GRASS", home=tempdir(), override=T) #intialise GRASS dans un dossier de travail dans tempdir
Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !

Erreur dans parseGRASS(cmd) : g.region not parsed

Roger advised me this could come from file path problem so I also tried, instead of home=tempdir() home="C:/temp" and

loc<-initGRASS("C:/GRASS", home="C:/temp/", override=T) #intialise GRASS dans un dossier de travail dans tempdir
Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !

Erreur dans parseGRASS(cmd) : g.region not parsed

Any idea ?

Alex

Alexandre Villers
PhD. Student