[GRASS-stats] plugin and multiple GRASS instalation

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Sep 29 09:13:05 EDT 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Jarosław Jasiewicz wrote:

> Hi
> I added and compiled GRASS7 for testing purposes but my main instalation is
> grass65.svn. From that moment I have unresolved problem with grass-gdal
> plugin in R: Inspite I recomple grass-gdal plugin and grass65.svn (with make
> distclean) I have error:
>
> r2=readRAST6("elev", plugin=TRUE)
> BŁĄD:Incompatible library version for module. You need to rebuild GRASS
>      or untangle multiple installations.
> GRASS 6.5.svn (nc_spm_08):~ >
>
> I think (untangle multiple instalation is new in that issue) that it is
> conflict between grass7 and 6 libraries

Yes, if there is a plugin built against 5.7, or the 6.5-built plugin is
seeing the 5.7 *.so shared objects, it will complain. I'm not sure that
you can work around this easily - you would need not to use GDAL at all,
I'm afraid, to be sure. My practice would most likely be to have two
different users with local installs of everything and local LD path
variables. The plugin "architecture" is designed for a single environment,
one GDAL and one GRASS only in my experience.

Best wishes,

Roger