[GRASS-stats] Re: Problem with v.distance in spgrass6 package in R

toke tepp at life.ku.dk
Fri Oct 28 05:53:55 EDT 2011

Hi Roger Thank you for your fast responds

Here are the GRASS command. Which works

v.distance from=recrea_h to=area_b1  from_type=centroid to_type=area dmax=1
upload=to_attr column=area_b1 to_column=value

It should be similar to this in R using the spgrass6 package

execGRASS("v.distance",from="recrea_h", to="area_b1",
from_type="centroid", to_type="area", dmax=as.integer(1),
upload="to_attr", column="area_b1", to_column="value")

the "84 categories with no nearest feature found" is to be expected as they
are more than 1 meter away. What I want to do, in this command, is to take
information in one polygon and give it to the other polygon given that they
are less than 1 meter away.

here is a map of the polygons:
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2874375/1/map?h=25554e
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2874375/1/map?h=25554e

Cheers Toke

PS. I also tried doing simple distance calculations from a point feature to
area feature. It did not work.