[GRASS-stats] Some refactoring and fixing

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jan 27 05:25:36 PST 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just committed a few of commits which refactor the code of readRAST,
> writeRAST, readVECT & writeVECT by creating internal fi=unctions for
> reading / writing for plugin / non-plugin and moving the default values
> (get...Options()) into the function definitions.

Good, thanks; I've updated the default values in the help files. It's easy
to check for discrepancies in spgrass/pkg:

R CMD build spgrass7
R CMD check spgrass7_0.1-0.tar.gz

Maybe we could quieten the progress bar in the output from checking? As
in:

pkg/spgrass7.Rcheck/spgrass7.Rout

(local file, not added to repository, created by R CMD check if run in
spgrass/pkg).

> Also, I added tryCatch blocks to close open connections and to reset
> echoCmdOption. I ran the examples before each commit and I did not see
> any errors or changed behavior.
>
> Apologies for the typos in the commit messages - I only saw them later.
>
> To stick with consistency, I would recommend to rename the package to
> spgrass7 and to look into the possibility to create a meta-package which
> uses spgrass6 or spgrass7 (I don't know about the GRASS 5 interface -
> haven't used it) depending on the GRASS GIS version set / loaded.

I've renamed spgrass as spgrass7 - when you update, the change will
propagate. I'm unsure about a metapackage, maybe block version 7 in
spgrass6 (following the parameter and flag name harmonisation).

Best wishes,

Roger

> Cheers,
>
> Rainer

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 91 00
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no