[GRASS-stats] Some refactoring and fixing

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Thu Jan 29 03:51:13 PST 2015

Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de> writes:

> Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Jan 2015, Rainer M Krug wrote:
>>
>>> OK - the problem seems to be a name conflict. The build system status
>>> report [1] states:
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>
>> Right, spgrass6 is still hosted as part of rspatial (it was originally
>> there). I'll try to resolve this by removing it from that project.
>
> Thanks Roger - spgrass6 is now available to be installed via
>

> install.packages("spgrass6", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
>

> for windows (source and compiled), linux (source) and Mac (source).
>
> Is there any possibility to remove the spgrass package (which has been
> renamed to spgrass7) from the R Packages listing [1] to avoid confusion?
>
>> The file oChangeLog is the frozen ChangeLog from its original project,
>> so when releasing, we need to run:
>>
>> cd spgrass6 # or 7
>> svn up
>> sh svn2cl.sh # must be on PATH
>> # if formatted too narrowly
>> # fmt < ChangeLog > tmp
>> # mv tmp ChangeLog
>> cat oChangeLog >> ChangeLog
>> cp ChangeLog inst
>> svn commit -m tidy
>> svn up
>> cd ..
>>
>> to build a ChangeLog including all past history.
>
> Concerning changes before release:
>
> 1) I would suggest to create for all functions which have a 6 at the end
> (e.g. redRAST6) an alias without the 6 (e.g. readRAST). By using these
> names without the 6 the switch between GRASS (and related spgrassX)
> versions will require mainly a switch of the library used. For further
> versions of spgrassX I would suggest to drop the numbers completely as,
> even when spgrass6 and spgrass7 are loaded at the same time, specific
> versions can be accessed by using the :: (i.e. spgrass6::readRAST).

Committed (revision 18) - please check!

> 2) I will go through the code and remove references (and version checks)
> to GRASS GIS 7 to simplify the code. These checks are not needed anymore as
> the check for the GRASS GIS version is done upon loading (only loads
> when started outside grass session or inside grass 6.x session) and on
> initGRASS() (aborts if gisBase points to grass 6.x installation)

Committed (revision 17) - please check.

The new spgrass6 concludes all examples without error messages and
,----
| R CMD check --as-cran
`----
also without errors.

Thomas - could you please do some testing on this version
(revision 18) - the packages are building at the moment?

Cheers,

Rainer

> Otherwise I can't thinkl of any other points before release.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rainer
>

>> Roger
>>

>>> So the easiest to install at the moment seems to be to checkout the
>>> sources via
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>>
>>> and then install from the sources.