[GRASS-stats] initGRASS() never stops running?

Andrew Plowright plowright.andrew at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:28:48 PST 2016

Hello,

I recently subscribed to this mailing list since I was hoping to get a bit
of help setting up the rgrass7 package. I do all my GIS work in R, and am
very excited by the prospect of using GRASS functions through the R
environment. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten very far since I don't seem to
be able to use the initGRASS() function correctly! When I run:

library(rgrass7)
initGRASS("C:\\Program Files\\GRASS GIS 7.0.3", home=tempdir())

... R Studio simply runs forever. It does not give me an error message...
it just keeps running until I force close the program. I am using R version
3.2.2, and have installed GRASS version 7.0.3, which is installed in
"C:\Program Files\GRASS GIS 7.0.3" folder. GRASS GIS seems to be running
perfectly fine on its own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Andrew Plowright