[GRASS-stats] GRASS can't find R packages from personal library on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Nov 18 04:27:33 PST 2016

Roger Bivand wrote

>> no idea at the moment if this change in env.bat has a side effect to the
>> winGRASS installation; further tests are needed.
>>

> See also
>
>> ?"environment variables"
>
> which on a Windows installation shows "R_USER" in the Windows specific
> section at foot, this also loses /Documents within GRASS.

see my other mail where %HOME% is set by winGRASS-grass7xx.py

so it seems to be some kind of a "design mismatch" where eg. windows (via
%USERPROFILE) and python

C:\>python
Python 2.7.5 (default, May 15 2013, 22:44:16) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on
win32
>>> import os
>>> os.getenv('HOME')
'C:\\Users\\hkmyr'