[GRASS-stats] rgrass7 - SQLite and GML drivers not working for readVECT

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 05:10:10 PDT 2017

Dear Roger,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no> wrote:

> New version submitted to CRAN; until then:
>
> install.packages("rgrass7", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
>
> should pick up the latest version; #3425 closed. Please report back
whether this works ... (conditioning on GRASS version to create comparable
driver name strings).

I don't think there is a need to condition on the GRASS version, see my
suggestion in #3425

Markus M

> Roger
>

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2017, Roger Bivand wrote:
>
>> Thanks for trying to contribute. The GH site is not the rgrass7
development site - that is SVN on R-forge (GH is a very preliminary trial
site for using sf vector representation in R, and maybe raster raster
representation (or forthcoming stars), instead of sp classes).

>> GRAS 7.2.2 works OK with the current logic checks; I can reproduce the
issue in 7.3 (latest); there is a change in vector/v.in.ogr/main.c
returning the DriverLongName for GDAL >= 2.0; in GRASS 7.2.2, there is no
such change. Could the GRASS developer responsible for this obvious
regression provide an additional flag in v.in.ogr (and v.external,
v.out.ogr) to permit backwards compatibility? See line 387, needs to change

>> #if GDAL_VERSION_NUM >= 2000000
>>
>> to add a !backwards_compatible test too.
>>
>> I'll hold off trying to fix this in rgrass7 because it is a regression.
I can add the backwards_compatibility=TRUE flag to readVECT() once it is
exposed.