[GRASS translations] Could Grass support Chinese now?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Oct 8 03:50:08 EDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 09:30:31AM +0800, wen wrote:
> > I am working on integrating the 5.0's multi-bytes support
> > into GRASS 5.7. Coming soon...
> >
> > Markus
>
> Does that mean it will be easier than now to translate
> grass?

That's generally right.

> Then i should just translate the .pot file but have no need
> to browse the source code

Yes and no:

- the source code is now automatically browsed by the
  make[file], see the locale/README how to do it
- still most of the message indications are missing in the
  source code (the gettext macro), so for one time the source
  code has to be touched and the fprintf macro inserted where
  missing
- the multi-byte support is not yet included in 5.7, I am
  working on that these days (merging the 5.0 efforts into 5.7).

To start, it's sufficient to translate the .po files, but
you will have to download the latest source code to generate
it (automatically).

Regards

 Markus