[GRASS translations] DEBUG-messages in grasslibs_*.po

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 07:18:28 EDT 2005

2005/7/18, Stephan Holl <sholl at gmx.net>:
> due to the fact, that the coordinate-language of GRASS is english, I
> vote for not tranlating the debug-messages (e.g. for lib/gis/debug.c) in
> grasslibs_*.po.
>
> It mostly causes confusion if a user posts debugging-messages in their
> locale.

Hi Stephan,

I'm not sure on this. I think it is often good for users to know what
is going wrong on his computer, so I think messagen in their locale
are helpful.
However, if he/she asks for international help, then you need to
understand the problem, and don't rely on his english skills...

So, I vote for both: English and a brief, localised version.
--
Um país que não consegue proteger o cidadão
não pode negar o direito de defesa do cidadão.