[GRASS translations] spanish translations?

Otto Dassau dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Tue Jun 28 04:50:27 EDT 2005

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2005 10:05 schrieb Markus Neteler:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 09:37:48AM -0700, Guillermo Martinez wrote:
> > Markus Neteler wrote:

> > >Hi Guillermo,
> > >
> > >the GDF Hannover published recently a GRASS 6 tutorial in German and
> > >English language (it's a free document):
> > >
> > >http://www.gdf-hannover.de/literature
> > >-> GRASS GIS 6.0 Tutorial. Version 1.1
> > >
> > >Some translations are ongoing, perhaps you want to join for Spanish?
> > >
> > >Markus
> >
> > Hi Markus and all,
> >
> > Thank you for the invitation! For me, it's an opportunity to learn many
> > things. Do you know if there is a team for the translation to Spanish?
> > Which tools do you use for translating? What is the first step?
>
> Best will be to add a related page at the GDF Hannover web site.

Hi,

we actually plan to provide an 'official' translation platform (CVS?) for the
GRASS GIS 6.0 Tutorial, where willing people can contribute. It would be
great to have a team for the translation to Spanish and other languages, but
we haven't announced it yet and currently it is a matter of time to set up an
appropriate system.

If you want and need to start soon for your short course, we can send you the
latex sources of course, and you can start to translate and use parts of it
for your teaching, according to the GNU FDL.

After we established the translation platform you might join and add your
translations. I hope it will be soon :-).

Thanks a lot for offering to do translation work!

 Otto