[GRASS translations] Re: [GRASS-PSC] Update: Translation Licensing in Rosetta

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 06:00:17 EST 2006

Brad Douglas wrote:
> From what I read, it only gives the submitter co-copyright for the
> particular project being submitted to.  After that, Canonical
> apparently has sole copyright to work the submission into whatever
> package they see fit.  And there's no guarantee that they won't change
> the copyright terms at any point in the future.

"All translations submitted into Rosetta are the work of the translator
that created them, and are submitted under the same license as the
software being translated."

so all contibutions are GPL. Canonical can take the Rosetta
contributions and sell them if they want, but that doesn't affect us
directly -- they can't revoke the GPL from the contributed translations.

Hamish