[GRASS translations] What's a project in GRASS?

Roberto Antolin roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it
Wed Jan 17 06:58:25 EST 2007

Hi all,
In the spanish translation group we have an interesting debate about the
definition of project in GRASS. So I've decided to post it here.

The first time I translated 'location' into spanish, I used 'proyecto'
(that is, project), since in a single location are defined the
coordinates type, the region bounds and resolution, the projection
information and the datum, and also because the location folders contain
mapsets (users, subregions, etc...).

Another translator thinks that 'location' may be translated as
'ubicacion' (that is, place), and he also considers that projects in
GRASS are the mapsets into a location.

May be, we are both wrong, and a project in grass is 'workspace'. An
italian user gave me this possibility. But there is still another
possibility: no translating terms like 'location' or 'mapset'.

At this point, I'm totally confused about it. So, what do you think?

Regards,
Roberto.

--
Roberto Antolín Sánchez
Politecnico di Milano – Polo Regionale di Como
email: roberto.antolin at polimi.it