[GRASS translations] What's a project in GRASS?

Roberto Antolin roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it
Wed Jan 17 08:33:15 EST 2007

Otto Dassau ha scritto:

>Hi,
>
>I think a location is more than a 'ubicacion' and definitely not a workspace.
>Workspace in GRASS is used to save definitions about the current status of a
>GRASS session in a .grc, .dm or .dmrc file.

That's why I didn't use 'ubicacion' for 'location'.
I'm sorry if I did some confusion with terminology. I didn't want to say
that a location is a 'workspace', but that a 'workspace' is a kind of
project.

>German translations often keep the name location or use sth. like:
>
>- Project location (currently official in the startup gui)
>- Project environment
>- or simply call it a Project
>
>Mapset usually is translated as Mapset, I think

The same as I did. In fact, I translated location as 'proyecto' and keep
the term 'mapset' with quotation marks to remark that it is not a
spanish term.

>hope this helps
>
>  Otto

You helped me a lot (thank you!), but I don't know if you did so with
the other spanish translators :)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Roberto.

--
Roberto Antolín Sánchez
Politecnico di Milano – Polo Regionale di Como
email: roberto.antolin at polimi.it