[GRASS translations] Another distribution of .po files?

Roberto Antolin roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it
Thu Mar 22 14:19:15 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,
although Carlos Dávila has done a magnificent work with grassmods_es.po
till now, we (the spanish translation group) found some problems with
that .po file because it is a monster.

Since it is so big, the interesting thing is that more than one person
could work on it. But there isn't an easy way to do this. We tried to
divide grassmods in such a way that the first thousand messages were
assigned to one translator, the second thousand messages to another and
so on. But there was some problems when two translators tried to update
the same cvs version simultaneously because some translations are lost.

So, I was wondering if it is possible to subdivide grassmods_*.po into
smaller .po files. I was thinking in something like this:
grassmods_raster_*.po
grassmods_vector_*.po
grassmods_*.po

because raster and vector are the two bigger module groups, or maybe
something different.

In this way, it would be easier to coordinate translations because it
would be possible to assign each .po file to a single translator.

I don't know whether it is more difficult to create new .pot files or to
subdivide the already existing .po files.

What do you think?

Regards,
Roberto.

--
Roberto Antolín Sánchez
Politecnico di Milano – Polo Regionale di Como
email: roberto.antolin at polimi.it