[GRASS-translations] commented lines with no refs

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Aug 6 21:16:12 EDT 2008

Maxim Dubinin wrote:

> probably another really simple question. I've considerable amount of
> commented lines without code references in the end of my POs (for example grasslibs_ru.po, last svn).
>
> #, fuzzy
> #~ msgid "Can't open directory %s"
> #~ msgstr "вектор  "
>
> Should I translate them? What are they for anyway?

AFAICT, messages marked #~ are "obsolete"; the help for the msgattrib
program says:

`--no-obsolete'
     Remove obsolete #~ messages.

`--only-obsolete'
     Keep obsolete #~ messages, remove all other messages.

I can't find that particular string anywhere in the source code, so it
appears to be a translation of a string which no longer appears in the
source code.