[GRASS-translations] Re: grass-translations Digest, Vol 32, Issue 4

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 4 14:38:31 EDT 2009

Hi Jan,

sorry for my slow answer... so far I collected 3 offers (happy about that)!

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Jan Trochta<j.trochta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> If you are still looking for someone managing the translations (as described
> in mail) I would try this job and do something for GRASS comunity.
> Jan Trochta

this would be great - I wonder if we could split the workload and have
regional/continental managers (whatever makes sense)... there is
enough to do for several people.

Would that make sense? Several languages need to be updated meanwhile.
Perhaps we should revisit the launchpad idea or pootle [1] to allow for online
translations. In this case more people may participate but we have to collect
back from time to time the translations from the portal to SVN (not sure
if that can be automated somehow).

Comments and ideas welcome.

Best
Markus