[GRASS-translations] r.mapcalc

Marco Curreli marcocurreli at tiscali.it
Sun Apr 25 17:37:40 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm translating the r.mapcalc manpage in italian, and I'm a bit confused
about "standard input" and "command line"

In the paragraph NOTES

For formulas that the user enters from standard input
(rather than from the command line), a line continuation feature now exists.
If the user adds \e to the end of an input line, <em>r.mapcalc</em> assumes that
the formula being entered by the user continues on to the next input line.

I'm wondering why "rather than from the command line"; to enter from
standard input isn't the same than to enter from command line?

Thanks,

Marco