[GRASS-translations] Add a setence in *.po file

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jan 22 00:03:10 EST 2010

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > I need to make an "internal function" I mean, just a small script to
> > calculate NDVI. And I needed to have it in English and Portuguese. I'm
> > writting all the module/input/output text/description in English but I would
> > really like to have also in Portuguese.
>
> Sure!
>
> > The "input raster" it's easy. I just
> > have to use the sentences thar already exist in po files. But for the Title
> > I real need to add a line into the Pt*.po  file but I can't figure out how
> > to do this in POEDIT ou Virtaal. Anyone can help me?
>
> The best is to add an extra .po file for own messages. Otherwise it
> would be lost in the next .pot file update.
>
> So (not that complicated but easier than using the "make pot"
> approach):
> Take one of the grassXXX_pt.po files in a text editor and delete all except
> the header, and the number of messages you want to have. Call the
> file for example grass_deimos_pt.po.

If this is a compiled module, you will need to add

	PACKAGE = "grass_deimos"

to the Makefile, after Module.make has been included (Module.make sets
PACKAGE to "grassmods").

If this is a script, you're out of luck, as the translation of
command-line options is performed by g.parser using the "grassmods"
domain (although we could add a workaround if necessary).