[GRASS-translations] Questions

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue May 17 10:04:07 EDT 2011

Hi Monica,

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Monica Buescu
<monicabuescu1985 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus
> One solution was to add a label to Quit and Exit button in gis_set.py
> (suggestion from Antonio Rocha). It has worked

I had done that already 1-2 years ago
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/40420

but it has been removed later by some other developer.

>> > - Meridian Parallel and other similar parameters used to define
>> > Location's
>> > geographic parameters (none of those are there) (in Locations Wizard)
>>
>> please indicate the phrases, maybe they were not yet tagged for
>> translation?
>>
> Expressions (depends on the projections):
> Central Parallel
> Central Meridian
> Supress Skew
> South Hemisphere
> Yes
> No
> (among others)
> How to get there? (enter Location Wizard> Select Coordinate System from  a
> list >(select a coordinate system)

OK, found it. the problem is that

gui/wxpython/gui_modules/location_wizard.py
parses some files at (GRASS 6.4):

  1701      def __readData(self):
  1702          """!Get georeferencing information from tables in
$GISBASE/etc"""

  1703          # read projection and parameters
  1704          f = open(os.path.join(globalvar.ETCDIR,
"proj-parms.table"), "r")
  1705          self.projections = {}
  1706          self.projdesc = {}
  1707          for line in f.readlines():

which are ASCII files like:
general/g.setproj/proj-desc.table

I have no idea how to tag these strings for translation
since they are separated from the wxGUI.

Markus