[GRASS-translations] Not translating an r.composite expression

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Sep 6 14:08:34 EDT 2011

2011/9/6 António Rocha <antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt>:
> Greetings
>
> I'm testing Portuguese and Spanish  translation and when I'm running
> r.composite with an output with the name of an existing raster I get this
> error:
> ERROR: option <output>: <AAAA> exists.
> But I've translated in grassmods file:
> #: ../raster/r.proj/main.c:204
> #: ../raster/r.proj.seg/main.c:216
> #: ../vector/v.proj/main.c:121
> #, c-format
> msgid "option <%s>: <%s> exists."
> msgstr "opção <%s>: <%s> existe."
>
> and It's not working

Yes, because it is currently in "fuzzy" state for your language:

GRASS 6.4.svn: "grassmods_pt.po" line 8036:
#: ../raster/r.proj/main.c:217 ../raster/r.proj.seg/main.c:245
#: ../vector/v.proj/main.c:132
#, fuzzy, c-format
msgid "option <%s>: <%s> exists."
msgstr "região <%s> não encontrada"

You would need to revisit the translation (see the differences in the
fuzzy translation!).

> Also I'm not being able to translate "ERROR".

GRASS 6.4.svn: "grasslibs_pt.po" line 1554

#: ../lib/gis/error.c:258
msgid "ERROR: "
msgstr "ERRO:"

-> typo and missing white space to be fixed

> Any tips on this?

Perhaps you are working on outdated .po files? Please be sure
to sync them and then continue (send unsubmitted translations to me).

cheers,
Markus