GRASSWare?

deer deer at ecn.purdue.edu
Fri Aug 7 15:26:42 EDT 1992

> From lists-owner at amber.cecer.army.mil Fri Aug  7 14:18:50 1992
> Subject: Re: GRASSWare?
> Sender: lists-owner at amber.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at amber.cecer.army.mil
> Date: Fri, 7 Aug 92 15:11:12 EDT
> From: Neel Smith <nsmith at yogi.bowdoin.edu>
>
> What is GRASSWare ?
>
> (Apologies if this is a stupid question or FAQ.)
>
> Neel Smith
> Bowdoin College
> nsmith at polar.bowdoin.edu

I guess I should have posted a litle more info.
about the software (it is advertised in GRASS
Clippings regularly).  The Osiris information calls
it a user interface for GRASS with buttons, labels,
pamel titles, routines, etc...  I think it looks
like an X-environment from their advertisement.
I am NOT a programmer and thought it might make
some development of applications a little easier
and make the actual application appear similar
to windows-type programs.

Perhaps there is someone else out there that
can do a better explanation of the software and
provide some comments based on first-hand
experience.

Lois Ann

Lois Ann Deer-Ascough                 Internet: deer at ecn.purdue.edu
USDA-ARS  NSERL
Purdue University                     Voice:    317-494-8691
West Lafayette, IN  47907             FAX:      317-494-5948