HELP!! Clark66->WGS84 ???#%@*!

GHATCHER GERRY at omdc.gso.uri.edu
Mon Aug 24 13:11:00 EDT 1992

Date sent:  24-AUG-1992 12:09:56

Hello grassusers:
	I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to explain the method
I should take to transform a lat-lon site dataset which is referenced to
clark66 spheroid into a UTM location so that it will be correctly located with
respect to new lat-lon data referenced to the WGS84 spheroid and also converted
to UTM. I want to do this so that the historic data will be correctly
referenced to new data collected with GPS.

	I've read through the GRASS Reference Manual and can't get a good
enough handle on this to be sure I'm going about it the correct way. I also
don't understand the dx,dy,dz parameters in the m.datum.shift program. Any
help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks for your time.

Gerry Hatcher

Ocean Mapping Development Center|      gerry at omdc.gso.uri.edu {Internet}
University of Rhode Island      |            cbeam::gerry {span}
voice (401)-792-6940            |            fax (401)-792-6849