(1) Desqview X and grass & (2) xgrass

Bill Dailey 490-8324 (303) dailey at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu
Mon Aug 31 17:17:51 EDT 1992

> 1.  We're trying to run grass on Desqview X (on a PC).  Everything runs fine
> except that it can't display raster maps.  It displays vector maps well,
> in color.  When we try to display raster maps the monitor dies with an
> X Error (major opcode 72 -- XPutImage). (It displays fine on suns). Did
> anyone have the same or similar peroblem before ?

I had the same problem Friday on a VAX-Station II GPX, I down loaded the NEW
XDRIVER from moon.  Fixed my problem with raster files as well as updating
of overlayed screens.

bill...

William J. Dailey, GPSR Systems Analyst
USDA-ARS-NPA
Great Plains Systems Res.      TEL: 303-490-8324
P.O. Box E                     FAX: 303-490-8310
303 South Howes  Rm. 227       FTS2000:  A03RLGPSR
Fort Collins, CO  80522        INTERNET: dailey at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu